BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Community Patrol Officers
Revolutionizing the community partnership and service delivery model in the area of Bylaw and Licensing Service, the City of Surrey is seeking customer-focused Community Patrol Officers (CPO) interested in career growth opportunities and the ability to influence positive changes in our community.
With experience in customer service, as the successful candidate you will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interpret and explain bylaws, policies, and regulations, while handling public inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
You will report directly to the Manager of Bylaw Enforcement in a supportive, team-based environment and are primarily responsible for:
- Patrolling public areas such as parks, recreation centres, and town centres.
- Responding to inquiries and highly sensitive complaints from members of the public.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the community.
- Communicating and liaising with all levels of staff and other key stakeholders.
In alignment with the City of Surrey’s core values (teamwork, community, innovation, integrity and service), as the successful candidate you will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by two courses in a related discipline.
- Minimum of one year of field work experience in dealing with the public.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license and safe driving record
Proof of qualifications and completion of a Police Information Check is required.
This job will be posted until March 11, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Bylaw Enforcement
Posted: February 13, 2019, 4:27 pm
Expires: March 11, 2019, 4:30 pm