BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Utility Maintenance Worker IJob ID 19-20
Job Class Regular Full-time
Employment Group CUPE 825 (Outside)
# of Vacancies 1
Posting Period February 12 - 24, 2019
The City of Port Moody is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a regular full-time position as a Utility Maintenance Worker, reporting to the Civil Construction group.
This position will be responsible for performing water distribution and wastewater collection system maintenance, monitoring, upgrades and installations. Duties include: installing backflow prevention devices and pipe, operating power generating equipment, monitoring and evaluating chlorine disinfection, taking pressure and meter readings and performing hydrant, valve, pump and PR maintenance and repairs including leak detection and uni-directional flushing.
Please note that employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of two years of job related experience in water distribution and wastewater collection
- A minimum of six months of technical community college education
- EOCP Wastewater Collection Level 1 and EOCP Water Distribution Level 1
- A valid Class 3 BC driver's license with air endorsement
- Sound knowledge of the utility infrastructure and functions of an Operations Department
- Ability to perform a variety of maintenance duties
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs
- Thorough understanding of related equipment and ability to perform basic repairs
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to perform manual work outdoors
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and members of the public
Date Added 2/12/2019
Branch/Location Office Works Yard
City Port Moody
State/Province British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly $31.80- $34.24
Compensation & Benefits Overview The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Facilities Maintenance
Posted: February 13, 2019, 2:08 pm
Expires: February 24, 2019, 4:30 pm