BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Coordinator of Maintenance
(6 month Temporary Full-Time)
Stretching from Deep Cove in the east to the Capilano River Canyon in the west, the District of North Vancouver is characterized by innovative municipal government that maintains and enhances the quality of life for its residents and businesses. Fuelled by the District’s award-winning vision to build vibrant and sustainable communities for people of all ages and backgrounds, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and an excellent total compensation package. A flexible, familyfriendly employer with an inclusive work place culture, we are looking to fill this position. Come work for one of BC’s Top Employers and contribute to making this a great place to work!
Our Facilities Department has a 6 month temporary full-time opportunity for a Coordinator of Maintenance. This is technical and inspectional work in coordinating maintenance programs, including heating, air conditioning and other equipment, for District-owned properties, excluding recreational properties, parks and fire halls. In this role you will liaise with outside contractors and municipal departments to develop and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule, coordinate planned alterations, upkeep, service and minor renovation programs, and assist in the preparation of budget estimates and the control of expenditures for building and equipment maintenance and repairs.
You will also regularly inspect properties for needed repairs, implement emergency repairs as needed, and oversee the electronic security systems. The work requires considerable independent judgement and action in the coordinating of property maintenance work.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance methods, procedures, materials and equipment;
- Considerable knowledge of the various trades involved in building repairs, minor renovations and general maintenance of buildings;
- Sound knowledge of building security and automation systems;
- Working knowledge of the methods and procedures used in preparing specifications for building maintenance work;
- Some knowledge of estimating and contract preparation as related to work performed;
- Ability to coordinate maintenance programs and repairs for a variety of civic properties, and to maintain a preventative maintenance schedule;
- Ability to understand drawings and specifications and to prepare and maintain a variety of reports and records related to the work;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
Qualifications: Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by technical courses in building technology, plus sound related experience in the construction or maintenance field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence is required.
The pay range for this unionized position is $33.60 - $39.56 per hour (2019 rates) based on a 35 hour work week. If you have what we’re looking for and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a group of enthusiastic and dedicated people, we want to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your resume and cover letter at www.dnv.org/careers to be considered for this competition. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Facilities Maintenance
Posted: February 12, 2019, 12:42 pm
Expires: April 12, 2019, 4:30 pm