BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Clerical Relief PoolAuxiliary (Temporary assignments on an on-call basis)
(This position to last not later than December 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension)
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We are seeking a proactive, organized, service-orientated professional to provide front line temporary administrative support throughout the organization on an on-call basis. Assignments vary from one day to several weeks, providing coverage for short-term leaves, special projects or to assist with additional workflow.
You are: A self-starter, tech savvy, proactive professional with a keen eye for detail. You must thrive in a busy work environment, have the ability to manage priorities in a professional, efficient and timely manner in an environment with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision. You are also adaptable and excel in an environment where teamwork is required to meet department and organizational goals. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2013.
In this role, you will:
- Provide administrative support in one of many departments (Liquid Waste Service, Water Services, Financial Service, Parks & Housing, External Relations, Planning & Environment or Solid Waste at various sites throughout the region).
- Perform clerical and secretarial duties with accuracy including drafting routine correspondence, maintaining excel tracking sheets and reports, formatting and proofreading.
- Perform routine calendar maintenance in Outlook including scheduling meetings and managing multiple calendars.
- Maintain departmental files using an electronic records information system ensuring compliance with corporate records management standards.
- Process incoming mail and invoices; order and maintain stationery and office supplies; arrange catering; manage travel and training requests.
- Provide meeting support including preparation and printing of agendas and meeting materials.Minute taking experience would be an asset.
- Process time entry and work orders.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Successful completion of grade 12, including or supplemented by courses in commercial and secretarial combined with considerable related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft 2013 Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to complete routine administrative duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to process clerical work of a complex and technical nature.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Candidates that are contacted for the Clerical Relief Pool will be required to participate in an interview and to demonstrate their typing, computer proficiency, and business correspondence.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by February 25, 2019.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: February 11, 2019, 2:13 pm
Expires: February 25, 2019, 4:30 pm