BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Part Time Firefighters
Regional Fire Service
Permanent – Part Time
Minimum of 4 X 12 hour shifts (48 hours) per calendar month
March 8, 2019
SPARK your career. IGNITE your future. Take the next step in your firefighting career and join the County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service!
The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service is committed to recruiting talented and motivated individuals who possess a high level of integrity, and have a desire to serve our community. We are looking for part time firefighters to become integral members of our team, who will play a key role in the delivery of fire services to the County of Grande Prairie No.1.
Not only do our part time firefighters work alongside our career firefighters on shift, part time firefighters may also respond independently to simultaneous calls for service. In our diverse service, part time firefighters respond to fires, rescues, medical aid, hazardous materials, and a host of other calls to aid the public. The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire service responds to over 1200 events annually. Apart from daily shifts and emergency operations, our part time firefighters also contribute countless hours of volunteer time in support of community activities.
Our part time firefighters are trained to internationally recognized standards. The requirement to operate independently means that our part time firefighters are well trained to perform their duties. Minimum requirements to apply as a part timer firefighter are:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Be at least 18 years of age on the date of your application
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both orally and written.
- Minimum Class 3Q Alberta Operators License or Equivalent from another jurisdiction with an acceptable drivers abstract.
- NFPA 1001 Level 1 and 2 (IFSAC and/or Proboard)
- NFPA 472 Awareness and Operations (IFSAC and/or Proboard)
- Standard First Aid (current) and an Emergency Medical Responder Certificate or Standard First Aid (current) and AHS Medical First Responder Certificate or Provincially Registered Emergency Medical Responder, Primary Care Paramedic or Advanced Care Paramedic Practice Permit
- Valid CPR Level C Health Care Provider with AED
- ICS 100 Certificate
Additional training programs are offered to our part time firefighters on an ongoing basis.
Compensation for part time firefighters ranges between: $19.00 – $32.31 per hour plus 6% vacation pay and a $1.25 shift differential for every hour worked on a 12 hr night shift. Part time firefighters are also eligible for a pro-rated health and wellness benefit in accordance with our collective agreement.
Part time firefighters come from all walks of life from school teachers, to tradesmen, to paramedics. Some of our part time firefighters choose to take advantage of the skills and experience that they gain by pursuing a full time career in the fire service. Being a part time firefighter is rewarding, exciting and fun.
It is the responsibility of each interested applicant to ensure that his or her application is received by the County of Grande Prairie Regional Service before the application deadline of 0830 a.m. on Monday March 8, 2019.
To learn more and to apply for this exciting opportunity, download the Part Time Firefighter Information and Application document from our website at www.countygp.ab.ca/firerecruit
Location: Clairmont, AB
Region: Athabasca / Grande Prairie
Professional Categories: Fire & Rescue Services
Posted: February 11, 2019, 1:43 pm
Expires: March 8, 2019, 8:30 am