BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Manager of Development Services
Situated in a lush valley surrounded by stunning mountain vistas, just 35 km from Whistler, Pemberton is one of the most desirable communities in BC. Enjoy mild winters and warm summers, and a young, vibrant community with a unique pioneer heritage. Opportunities abound to enjoy arts, culture, recreation, family amenities and comfortable lodging. The Village of Pemberton prides itself on its creative and collaborative approach with the business community, local volunteer groups, and neighbouring communities.
The Manager of Development Services reports directly to the CAO and is responsible for the oversight of building, zoning, development administration for the Village, as well as the management of the Development Services team. This position acts as Approving Officer in accordance with the statutory authority assigned through the Land Title Act.
- University graduate in an appropriate discipline, plus a post-graduate degree in community and regional planning, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five to seven years of planning-related experience.
- Local Government experience strongly preferred.
- Membership in the Planning Institute of BC, or equivalent membership or certification an asset.
- Driver’s License valid in British Columbia and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume quoting MODS18 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full job description and more information on the Village of Pemberton visit www.pemberton.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Pemberton, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: February 11, 2019, 1:13 pm
Expires: March 1, 2019, 12:00 pm