BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Manager of Operations and Projects
Situated in a lush valley surrounded by stunning mountain vistas, just 35 km from Whistler, Pemberton is one of the most desirable communities in BC. Enjoy mild winters and warm summers, and a young, vibrant community with a unique pioneer heritage. Opportunities abound to enjoy arts, culture, recreation, family amenities and comfortable lodging. The Village of Pemberton prides itself on its creative and collaborative approach with the business community, local volunteer groups, and neighbouring communities.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for the overall management of the Public Works department and oversight of all Village infrastructure, including roads, sewer, water, parks and sewer treatment plant operations. This position plays a key role in asset management and the implementation of projects to meet Council’s Strategic Priorities and benefit the community.
- Post-secondary education related to Public Works administration, Project Management or Governance Administration
- Five to ten years’ related experience involving Public Works, municipal infrastructure and project management
- Five to ten years’ experience managing a team, preferably in a unionized municipal setting
- Proven leadership, collaboration, communication and financial management skills required
- Driver’s license valid in BC and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by noon on Friday, March 1st, 2019, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.pemberton.ca for a complete job description.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: Pemberton, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Public Works & Operations,Project Management
Posted: February 11, 2019, 1:02 pm
Expires: March 1, 2019, 12:00 pm