BC Local Government Job Posting Service
(2 Positions) (Temporary Full Time)
The West Vancouver Parks Department requires the services of two temporary full-time skilled carpenters to construct and maintain trails and assist in the Carpentry Shop.
Responsibilities will include: construction, renovation, repair and maintenance of Parks infrastructure, furniture, playground equipment, bridges, boardwalks and stairs and trail construction across West Vancouver.
The preferred applicant will have the following qualifications
• considerable knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and trail building.
• good working knowledge of hazards and proper safety precautions of the carpentry trade
• good working knowledge of landscape construction and maintenance practices
• ability to understand and carry out effectively verbal and written instructions
• ability to keep simple records of daily work
• skilled in the use and care of hand tools, power tools and related equipment essential to carpentry
• must be prepared to perform work of a manual nature in all types of weather.
Preference will be given to candidates who have completed supplemental carpentry courses and have related work experience in basic carpentry functions, trail building, landscape construction and standard practice of the carpentry trade. A Trades Qualification (Red Seal) in Carpentry would be considered an asset.
A valid class 5 BC Driver’s License is required. During the assessment process, successful candidates will be required to submit an acceptable Driver’s Abstract from ICBC. The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Union (WVMEA)– Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$30.52 to $38.86* per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits *Positions may be hired at 1-Basic, 2-Semi-Skilled or 3-Skilled
11:59 p.m. Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.