BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Slide Attendants/Game Leaders
The West Vancouver Community Services Department has an immediate opening for casual Slide Attendants/Game Leaders. This position will be responsible for:
- Preparing and leading birthday party events under the supervision of the Aquatic Leader III
- Enforcing slide rules and regulations for the safety of all users of the slide;
- Monitoring the flow of riders down the slide for safe operation of the slide;
- Providing effective and positive customer service to all patrons;
- Leading age appropriate games on deck and in the water during Public Swims;
- Advising Aquatic Leader of any emergencies on deck and in the water during Public Swims;
- Performing routine maintenance tasks as required; and,
- Other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: some knowledge of aquatic programs and activities; the ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner to all ages; the ability to enforce guidelines for the safe operation of the water slide; the ability to communicate to other aquatic staff in emergency situations; and the ability to lead creative and fun games in an aquatic environment.
The successful candidate has completed Bronze Cross and CPR-C and will possess some experience working with the public.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must be available to attend the following:
- Mandatory Wet Screening on Wednesday February 27 from 5:00-8:00pm
- Mandatory Orientation on Wednesday March 6 from 5:00-7:00pm
- Mandatory Inservice on Sunday March 10 from 12:00-5:00pm Successful candidates are required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
WVMEA (Union) –Casual
Hours of Work:
Hours of work may vary, but mainly weekends and evenings.
Rate of Pay:
$14.28 to $16.33 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Friday, February 22, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.