BC Local Government Job Posting Service
BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Construction Project Coordinator (18 Month Term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
The Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways, bordering on 16 municipalities and intersecting with traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish First Nations. Annually $200 billion in goods with more than 170 world economies are traded through the port. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages port lands at the Port of Vancouver, and leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers.
Our Engineering & Maintenance Department is seeking a highly motivated Construction Project Coordinator to coordinate and administer the design and construction of capital works and maintenance projects. Specifically, you will:
- Prepare cost estimates and submissions for program and contract approvals. Prepare tender packages and coordinate tender calls; review and evaluate bids. Prepare requests for proposals; participate in selection of consultants.
- Coordinate and administer construction activities: Inspect and record construction activities and progress. Prepare and/or check progress claims. Prepare and recommend approval of change orders and contract extensions. Approve on-site construction changes. Liaise with, instruct and approve all phases of consulting work. Prepare project cost and progress reports.
- Coordinate project close-out data and coordinate with Asset Management Team to select relevant data for input to the port authority’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Organize and/or carry out asset inspections and assessments.
- Report on inspection/assessment results and recommend follow-up actions. Work with Asset Management Team to ensure recording of appropriate data, including scheduling of recommended follow-up actions.
- Under the guidance of management, review aspects of permit applications pertaining to port infrastructure and facilities, and provide input and recommendations to the Project and Environmental Review Lead.
As the successful candidate, you have a post-secondary technical diploma plus a minimum of three years of related experience in project administration and coordination, and asset management. You are registered as an Applied Science Technologist with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC or equivalent. You possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and have experience working with survey instruments.
The port authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/, by February 28, 2019.
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Project Management,Construction
Posted: February 8, 2019, 12:06 pm
Expires: February 28, 2019, 4:30 pm