BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III)Full-Time Temporary: This position to last not later than December 31, 2019
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Board & Information Services Department is seeking an Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer lll) who will provide administrative support for the Metro Vancouver Library and front line customer service duties on behalf of the Metro Vancouver Information Centre.
You are: an administrative professional who enjoys being part of a lively team committed to serving residents across Metro Vancouver.
- Requires knowledge of Metro Vancouver operations, services, programs, events, staff roles and sources of information. Understanding of the by-laws, procedures and regulations pertaining to Metro Vancouver operations as they relate to the work performed.
- Performs complex clerical and secretarial duties for a superior and/or the superior's subordinates, arranges appointments and meetings, interviews callers, processes highly confidential material, prepares routine correspondence and relieves a superior of minor administrative detail.
- Takes instructions from and performs clerical and typing duties for a group of professional and technical employees.
- Prepares and maintains departmental personnel files and records, scrutinizes minutes, reports, correspondence and other data for referral or action, processes incoming and outgoing mail, controls and maintains files, records, correspondence and reports.
- Compiles statistical information and data, provides direction and assistance on a variety of office operations, maintains a petty cash account and assigns clerical and typing duties to subordinates as required.
- Ensures for preparation, printing, deadlines adherence and distribution of Regional Board and other committee agendas and minutes, instructs Electoral Area election officers in voter registration procedures, operates word processor as required and performs some duties of clerical superior in the latter's absence.
- Provides a variety of factual information and assistance to District staff, business and government contacts and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of 12th school grade, including or supplemented by courses in commercial and secretarial subjects.Considerable related experience, preferably as a Clerk Stenographer II or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- All the required knowledge, abilities and skills of the Clerk Stenographer II classification.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public, to maintain effective working relationships with other staff and district politicians, and to supply information and assistance in response to enquiries and requests.
- Considerable knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures applicable to department served.
- Ability to use resource materials effectively in conducting searches for information and to assist the public in understanding same
- Sound overall knowledge of the District organizational structure and of the functions of its departments and divisions.
- Ability to perform secretarial tasks and relieve a superior of office and routine administrative detail with minimal supervision.
- Skill in typing and processing clerical work of a complex and technical nature, in taking and transcribing shorthand and other dictation and in the use of word processor as required.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by February 21, 2019.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: February 8, 2019, 9:26 am
Expires: February 21, 2019, 4:30 pm