BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Project Engineer – ElectricalIntegrated Water Services – Infrastructure Engineering
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$50.83 - $57.11 per hour
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on February 26, 2019
The current focus of this position is project management and electrical engineering planning and design work related to Water System and Wastewater System Capital Projects as assigned. The Project Engineer is directly accountable for work in their assigned service area and reports directly to the Manager, Capital Projects, and is responsible for the design, project management and delivery of water and wastewater projects and facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides professional certification of work within field of expertise including signing and sealing related design drawings and asconstructed drawings.
- Provides professional and technical expertise, guidance and direction to technicians and staff including acting as project lead as assigned.
- Responsible for project implementation from concept to commissioning specific to water and wastewater systems and facilities.
- Designs, evaluates, and implements a variety of water and/or wastewater systems and facilities.
- Prepares and reviews contract specifications, detailed cost estimates, staff reports, requests for proposals, and tender documents.
- Designs water and/or wastewater systems based on engineering concepts or approves the designs of others.
- Receives, evaluates and recommends acceptance or rejection of tenders.
- Prepares conceptual design including production of contract documents, tender process, construction and start-up of project through to project completion.
- Provides assistance, direction and clarification of contract intent to internal/external stakeholders.
- Provides contract oversight and administration including overseeing, directing, liaising and negotiating with contractor and/ or consultants.
- Provides project oversight and project management ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Reviews system operations and forecasts potential improvements prior to their need.
- Prepares written technical engineering submissions that can be understood by internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures current standards are adhered to for design, construction and operational matters.
- Upgrades knowledge and experience to evaluate and/or implement engineering standards and practices in compliance with federal and provincial guidelines and legislation.
- Deals with enquiries and complaints from the public and commissions.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Electrical Engineering Degree and 10 years of relevant experience specific to the design, construction and project management and delivery of complex water and wastewater systems.
- Membership or eligible for membership in Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Detailed knowledge of electrical instrumentation and SCADA for water and wastewater system design, including knowledge of process and treatment plant design.
- Demonstrated experience with electrical instrumentation and SCADA for water and wastewater processes, treatments and plant designs.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical instrumentation and SCADA standards, materials, methods of construction and design, contract administration and engineering operations.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and project oversight working with complex and diverse initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with contract management including providing direction and oversight while ensuring standards and expectations are met.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet and project scheduling programs and databases.
- Excellent presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex, technical information to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of WorkSafeBC practices/protocols, Workers’ Compensation Act, OH&S Regulations and other relevant safety statutes.
- Knowledge of federal/provincial/municipal regulations, legislation, codes, standards and guidelines related to electrical instrumentation and SCADA for water and wastewater.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Please note: This position is currently being reviewed as referenced in Article 27.01 of the CRD/CUPE Local 1978 Agreement.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Engineering,Electrical/Electronic Services
Posted: February 7, 2019, 10:17 am
Expires: February 26, 2019, 4:00 pm