BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition No. 19-02E
Accounting Clerk II – Utility Billings
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a temporary, full-time Accounting Clerk II – Utility Billings to cover a one-year maternity leave. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will provide financial support services to the organization.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years post-secondary education in a recognized accounting program (ie. CPA)
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related position working with computerized accounting programs.
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with private and sensitive customer information.
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Experience with Vadim accounting software would be considered an asset.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
This temporary, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $31.33, Pay Grade 5, plus an attractive benefits package.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their application quoting Competition No. 19-02E by 4:30 pm, Friday, February 22, 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: (250) 492-0237 Fax: (250) 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.