BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Property Services Unit
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Up to 35 hours per week*
$ 27.43 to $32.24 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits and vacation
An exciting opportunity exists on an auxiliary basis for an Exhibit Custodian with the New Westminster Police Department. In this auxiliary role, you will be responsible for the control, security and transport of exhibits, seized and found property. In addition, this role also maintains appropriate levels of inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Working knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures related to controlling Police Exhibits.
- Working knowledge of storekeeping methods and procedures and prior experience in the ordering and control of inventory, supplies and equipment.
- Preferred knowledge of police applications such as CPIC and PRIME.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work with a high level of detail and organizational skill in maintaining records, files, correspondence, reports, ledgers and other related documentation.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships as well as communicate and work effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and professionalism in the handling of sensitive and/or confidential information. Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions based on policies and procedures.
- Completion of Grade 12 plus related exhibits experience in a police environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- Ability to use applicable software, such as Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words net per minute with 85% accuracy or higher.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
- Physical ability for the work and ability perform work in a safe manner when lifting, sorting and arranging exhibits and property items of varying size and weight.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a background security clearance.
- This successful candidate will need to be available for a training period of approximately 10 days (2 weeks) of full-time training.
*The successful candidate must be able to work at least two days per week between the hours of 8am – 4pm. Additional shifts may be schedule based on operational needs.
In addition to your cover letter and resume please attach a separate Word or PDF document answering the following four questions: 1) What interests you in working at the NWPD. 2) Why do you want this position? 3) How does this position fit into your career plans? 4) What do you enjoy most about your current (or last) position? What do/did you enjoy the least?
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter quoting competition #19-P3, by February 20, 2019 to the New Westminster Police Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The New Westminster Police Department is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Keeping New Westminster Safe and Secure
Location: New Westminster, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: February 6, 2019, 10:32 am
Expires: February 20, 2019, 4:30 pm