BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Information Technology Coordinator
Title: Information Technology Analyst
Location: Victoria, BC
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
The Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society) is seeking a highly motivated, technically savvy individual to join our small team of professionals.
We are a ‘right-sized’ non-profit organization with a big vision:
“Building collaborative networks to facilitate innovative, location-based solutions that support the economic, social, and environmental well-being of British Columbians.”
Come work in an agile, supportive and creative IT environment that goes beyond ‘out-of-box’. This is your opportunity to apply your existing skills to meaningful projects and learn a wide variety of new skills in a workplace that values innovation and resourcefulness.
We offer great work/life balance with set Monday to Friday workhours including a flex-day option, minimal off-hours work, and an island full of exceptional local recreation for all activity levels in one of the warmest spots in Canada. We are a small, cohesive group with big ideas, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and dig in to the work, lifestyle and pacific west-coast culture!
The IT Analyst (ITA) will have experience in Enterprise System Management and will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The ITA will understand database structures, middle tier software, enterprise security, operating systems and corresponding hardware. The ITA will support and develop our IT infrastructure, license management, web-mapping services, data portal, website, and various member services.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the ITA will be an integral member of the Society’s operational team. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional to leverage their technical expertise, expand their knowledge and skills and help build and administer robust, resilient, and innovative technology solutions for our members.
- Manage the planning and operation of the Society’s technical infrastructure according to industry best practices;
- Establish IT goals, objectives and operating procedures with the support of the Executive Director, Project Manager and other identified staff;
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation and prioritizing IT initiatives, as well as coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technologies;
- Oversee the management of all aspects of the Society’s IT network, including maintaining the operational efficiency of all hardware and software located in-house and off-site;
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures related to the management of all components of the Society’s IT system, including networks, equipment, software licenses, software applications and data management;
- Attend and participate in internal management meetings, including all meetings related to IT initiatives;
- Assure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget;
- Perform cost control activities; monitor expenditures in assigned areas to assure sound fiscal control;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget requests, ensuring effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time management;
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology and six months of related experience in a business systems analyst role, OR
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and (1) year of related experience in a business systems analyst role, OR
- Certificate and (3) years of related experience in a business systems analyst role, OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and (5) years of related experience.
- A minimum of six months recent practical experience working in the information technology field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of, and passion for, technology and leading-edge technology solutions;
- Demonstrated understanding of virtual environments such as VMWare;
- Familiarity with Windows Server operating systems;
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication (written, oral and interpersonal), time management, report writing, analytical problem solving and organizational presentations;
- Ability to be flexible within the work environment, establish strong working relationships and participate in team activities effectively;
- Scripting experience with Power shell, Python or other programming and scripting languages would be desirable;
- Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Desktop is very desirable;
- Knowledge of LDAP concepts and Microsoft Active Directory is desirable;
- Experience with SharePoint administration would be an asset;
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- ITIL certification would be an asset.
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to info@iciSociety.ca with subject line “ITA Application”. In your response, please detail in bullet-point fashion how your skills align to each of the noted qualification criteria and your salary expectation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: April 5, 2019
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: February 5, 2019, 11:31 am
Expires: April 5, 2019, 4:30 pm