BC Local Government Job Posting Service
(Two Student Positions)
Are you looking for a chance to put your education into practice? The City of Quesnel is currently seeking two Environmental Ambassadors to join our team this summer. As an energetic, results orientated Environmental Ambassador you will be involved in public education and raising awareness of various environmental programs and initiatives including, but not limited to water-use efficiency, waste reduction, energy efficiency, and pollution prevention. The job involves inside office work as well as outside work around the City. The students are required to use courtesy, tact, diplomacy and encouragement with the public, management, and employees regarding sound environmental practices.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Enrolled in or completed a post-secondary program from a recognized post-secondary institution in an Environmental or Water related field and will be continuing with studies in the fall of 2019.
- A strong interest for environmental sustainability and be knowledgeable on environmental issues (within the City of Quesnel would be an asset)
- Preferred work experience in a water/environmental stewardship, horticulture, or public education related field
- Friendly, approachable, and outgoing personality with the ability to exercise good judgement, courtesy, tact, diplomacy and persuasion when dealing with the general public, other city employees, elected officials and other agencies
- Creative thinker, self-started and able to work within a team environment
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence with a safe driving record
See our website www.quesnel.ca for a full job description.
Work Term: Full time position (35 hours per week) from May 13 – August 23, 2019 Hourly rate of pay: $16.00 plus $1.20 in lieu of benefits.
Posting Date: February 1, 2019
Application Deadline: February 22, 2019
How to apply: Please send your resume with competition number, in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager
City of Quesnel
410 Kinchant Street
Quesnel, BC V2J 7J5
Apply online or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Word or pdf document only please)