BC Local Government Job Posting Service
BC Public Service
Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Senior InvestigatorAn excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
Salary $62,718.94 - $71,507.64 annually effective Feb. 3, 2019
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies in Surrey, Victoria, Kelowna and Prince George.
Cannabis legalization represents an historic shift in public policy. British Columbia has prioritized the goals of protecting children and youth, promoting health and safety, keeping the criminal element out of cannabis, keeping our roads safe, and supporting economic development. The Community Safety Unit, operating within the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, is charged with the responsibility of conducting inspections and investigations of illegal cannabis dispensaries and related operations to ensure compliance with federal and provincial cannabis laws.
In this position you will provide leadership and guidance to investigators located in four regional offices across the province involved in compliance and enforcement of illegal unlicensed cannabis sellers pursuant to the Cannabis Control and Licensing Act. The Senior Investigator will ensure that the duties of the investigators are conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with the principles of administrative fairness, so that the objectives of the legislation are upheld, including protecting public health and safety, preventing young people from accessing cannabis, and deterring criminal activity.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Diploma, certification or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related discipline such as administrative law, investigation and enforcement, or criminology.
- A minimum of five years (within the past eight years) experience in a compliance and enforcement environment.
- A minimum of five years (within the past eight years) experience in conducting inspections/investigations.
- Experience producing written fact-based evidentiary reports of a complex and technical nature while maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience in leading and organizing search warrants, sometimes involving multiple agencies.
- Experience in setting up and managing multi-agency task forces.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Executive / Administrative Management,Cannabis Control
Posted: January 31, 2019, 12:41 pm
Expires: February 19, 2019, 4:30 pm