BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Development Services Manager
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Reporting to the Manager, Land Development Division of the Engineering Department, the Development Services Manager will lead a team of professional engineers, technologists, and clerical staff in the processing of engineering land development and building projects.
The Development Services Manager will be a results-oriented team player with strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, have a focus on delivering exceptional service to external and internal customers, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Review and approve/accept the off-site servicing requirements and design drawings, and oversee the preparation of Servicing Agreements, legal documents, and financial agreements associated with land development projects;
- Ensure consistent application of City standards, Engineering Department policies, practices, and procedures, applicable Bylaws, and good Engineering practice;
- Investigate new technological opportunities to improve service delivery;
- Monitor project schedules and deliverables, and prioritize as required to meet broader City objectives;
- Ensure delivery of City, Department, Division and/or Section key strategic initiatives and measures;
- Attend Council meetings, and committee meetings as appropriate;
- Establish working relationships with developers, land development consultants & contractors and residents;
- Coordinate with other divisions and departments to prioritize and deliver services as well as improve processes;
- Represent City at regional committees and meetings as appropriate; and
- Liaise with external agencies.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible management experience or equivalent education and technical experience;
- Designation as a Professional Engineer in good standing with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia; and
- A valid BC driver’s license with a clean driving history.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering
Posted: January 25, 2019, 8:45 am
Expires: February 21, 2019, 4:30 pm