BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Manager, People Development
Job ID: 2018145
$104,272 to $130,340 Annually
Step into a leadership role where you’ll promote a culture of continual learning for our employees. As our Manager of People Development, you will plan and execute learning initiatives, performance management and online learning for our team. Collaborate with our Director of Human Resources and other HR professionals to increase organizational efficiency through corporate learning and internal and external educational partnerships. To qualify, you must have an expert knowledge of the principles and processes related to the identification of staff development and training. You should also have a proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with unions, management and employees. Qualified applicants with a Master’s degree in Education or Adult Education will be given preferential consideration. The Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is also preferred. In addition, you should have plenty of relevant work experience in both the public and private sector.
Examples of key work activities include:
- Identify training and development needs through regular consultation with business units and analysis of career development plans documented within employee performance assessments.
- Develop and recommend priorities, goals and plans of action to address identified needs.
- Coordinate the compilation and analysis of training cost data and recommend budget requests to accomplish training program priorities.
- Design, develop and deliver training and development strategies and programs, applying principles of adult learning and proven methods for effective delivery of training for differing skills and competencies.
- Develop Requests for Proposals to select outside instructors and vendor-provided training courses; lead the evaluation of training consultants and vendors; coordinate the delivery of training with external instructors, educational institutions and vendors; and personally conduct classroom training courses.
- Continue to enhance employee, supervisory and leadership development.
- Build annual program calendar (workshops, webinars, etc.) and manage task lists to ensure the delivery of quality programs in a timely manner.
- Develop initiatives to improve employee usage and accessibility of existing learning programs and resources.
- Foster relationships with external learning vendors, including annual and quarterly updates, contract renewals and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Develop and manage the City’s new employee onboarding and orientation program.
- Partner and build close and meaningful relationships with business partners and key stakeholders.
For Further information regarding position details and to apply please visit www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID: 2018145, Manager, People Development is 11:59pm, on February 28, 2019.