BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Village of Chase
Equipment Operator I - Public Works
A full-time employment opportunity exists at the Village of Chase in the Public Works Department for an Equipment Operator I. Applications by qualified individuals are now being accepted.
The Equipment Operator I must have a solid background in and knowledge of local government public works operations, proficiency in parks and grounds maintenance equipment, with specific skills and experience in the operation of excavating and grading equipment.
Applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- High School graduation or equivalent
- 5 years in an Equipment Operator role with experience in utility repair/maintenance
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement (Class 1 preferred)
- Must be proficient in public works operations, including utility construction, knowledge of parks maintenance operations, and significant experience operating heavy equipment including front end loader, dump truck, snow plow, backhoe, mini-excavator and solid waste/recyclables collection truck
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have basic knowledge of materials, methods, tools, equipment and practices of Public Works
- Deal courteously and tactfully with fellow employees and members of the public
- Diligently follow Work Safe BC procedures and regulations
- Perform heavy outdoor manual work
- Take responsibility for the completion of annual Road Works Maintenance programs such as ditching, shoulder and gravel road grading and take a lead role in implementing these programs.
Typical duties will include:
- Safely excavating around existing utilities for the installation of water, sewer and storm infrastructure
- Transporting machinery and materials from one location to another
- Operating equipment as required including a backhoe, parks equipment, excavator, and loader
- Assist the Utility Operator at the water and sewer treatment facilities
- Assisting in construction and repair projects where required
- Minor repairs on mechanical equipment
- Winter snow removal
The wage for this position is currently $28.15 under the current CUPE collective agreement until a new agreement is in place. The successful candidate will be required to complete a 3-month probationary period. The position is permanent full-time, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will also be required to be a part of the Stand-By rotation schedule.
Being a position within the Bargaining Unit, and in compliance with Collective Agreement between the Village of Chase and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 900, this notice is being provided to all Village of Chase Bargaining Unit staff as well as being posted externally.
Please submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and recent drivers abstract to, Clinton Wright, Manager of Public Works, Village of Chase, PO Box 440, 826 Okanagan Avenue, Chase, BC V0E 1M0, or by email email@example.com, by Friday, Feb 8th at 4:00 p.m.
Location: Chase, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Public Works & Operations,Equipment Operator
Posted: January 22, 2019, 11:22 am
Expires: March 8, 2019, 4:00 pm