BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Transit Road Supervisor
The District of West Vancouver’s Transit Department (West Vancouver Blue Bus) has an immediate opening for a Permanent Full-time Transit Road Supervisor.
Reporting to the Transit Manager, these positions will be scheduled on a rotational basis and must be available to work early mornings, days, evenings, and night shifts.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that the Transit system provides effective, safe and reliable services to the public;
- Directing operational tasks and activities for operators out on the roads;
- Responding to public complaints and taking appropriate remedial action;
- Attending busy bus stops to organize and manage passengers;
- Assisting Operators out on the roads;
- Assisting in managing team and individual professional development;
- Participating in employee and labour relations matters;
- Liaising with other District departments and outside agencies;
- Participating in other duties and special projects as assigned.
The preferred candidates will possess: post-secondary Business Administration and Supervisor courses and supervisory experience in the Transit industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A valid Class 2 Drivers Licence for the Province of British Columbia is required.
The successful candidates are required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials. This position will be required to work evenings, night shifts, and weekends on a rotating basis.
Please contact ICBC at 604-661-2255 and have them email your Driver’s Abstract and ICBC Claims History to the West Vancouver Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Your Driver’s Abstract must be submitted directly from ICBC or your application will not be processed.
Position Status: Exempt-Permanent Full-time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Closing Date: 11:59pm, Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career
Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.