BC Local Government Job Posting Service
District of Lake Country
The District of Lake Country is seeking a permanent full-time Accounting Clerk to join our team. As Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for ensuring the financial and accounting records of the municipality are accurately prepared and maintained in accordance with District policies, procedures and bylaws. The scope of work focuses mainly on property taxation functions but may also include backup for other finance positions including payroll. The Accounting Clerk works closely with other Finance Department staff in a team environment and also provides support to the Financial Services Supervisor. The normal work week is 35 hours, Monday to Friday, plus the option to join our Earned Time Off program.
The successful candidate will have:
- a minimum of one year post-secondary education in accounting or business administration (preference will be given to a completed diploma or degree);
- strong competence in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- superior organizational and attention to detail skills;
- a minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting position, preferably in a municipal setting (with preference given to an individual with property tax, payroll or other accounting skills); and
- a minimum 50 wpm typing speed, 175 kpm data entry;
The hourly rate of pay for this unionized position is between $23.92/hr and $28.48/hr (2019 rates).
For a detailed job description, and more information about Lake Country please visit the District’s website at www.lakecountry.bc.ca.
Applications will be received
Until 4:00 pm on January 27, 2019
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.LAKECOUNTRY.BC.CA
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Lake Country, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: January 11, 2019, 2:36 pm
Expires: January 27, 2019, 4:00 pm