BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Traffic Control Person (TCP)
(Temporary Full Time)
The District of West Vancouver has immediate openings for TCPs (Traffic Control Person/Flagger). We are looking for professional and experienced TCPs to join our growing team!
- Steady Full-Time work
- Mileage Reimbursement $0.54/km
- Referral Bonus of $50 to $100!
- Starting wage $24.28 per hour
- All shifts will start and end on the North Shore
- Friendly, safety-focused team
Key job duties include:
- Directing drivers, pedestrians, and workers to safe routes around road construction sites;
- Reviewing traffic management plans;
- Setting up and providing traffic control specifications;
- Training other site workers about traffic and equipment safety;
- Responding to questions from members of the public regarding traffic direction, alternate routes, and driving directions, and;
- Performing other related duties as required.
We’re looking for candidates who can:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment or alone while maintaining a safety first mentality;
- Follow traffic regulations and safety procedures while adapting to last minute schedule changes;
- Communicate effectively and exercise tact and diplomacy while interacting with member of the public;
- Exercise sufficient physical strength and agility to perform the duties of the position and operate related equipment, and;
- Record and maintain records related to the work.
Candidates must have:
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License,
- A BCCSA approved Traffic Control Person certification
- Access to their own vehicle.
Secondary School Graduation plus related work experience would be considered an asset.
Please contact ICBC at 604-661-2255 or online at ICBC.com and have them email your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract must be submitted directly from ICBC or your application will not be processed.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
Position Status: WVMEA (Union) – Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay: $24.28 per hour ($21.68 plus 12% in lieu of benefits)
Closing Date: 11:59 p.m. Sunday, March 31, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.