BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Integrated Water Services – Infrastructure Operations
Hours of Work
80 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$44.82 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on January 14, 2019
The Electrician 2 performs hands on work and is responsible for the specification, construction, installation, programming, operation, maintenance, repair, and record keeping for all electrical and electronic controls, instrumentation, and related components of the region’s water and wastewater related electrical, instrumentation and control equipment. This position performs required electrical equipment maintenance, repairs, installation, monitoring and calibration, exercising a high degree of judgment and initiative in accordance with operational policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, services, repairs and calibrates a wide variety of electrical equipment, distribution, switching and control systems in related facilities in the Water Management Division, such as Water/Wastewater pumping stations, treatment plants and landfills.
- Installs and maintains electronic equipment, instrumentation, monitoring and metering equipment including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and equipment, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI).
- Plans, organizes and effects programs for the efficient maintenance, servicing and repair of related equipment.
- Prepares and maintains operational work records and data.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications, drawings and design of equipment for capital works and other projects.
- Provides electrical budget requirements, orders parts and materials, maintains control and inventory of same.
- Purchases, installs and maintains water quality equipment such as chlorine analyzers, injection systems, ozone generators, and ultra violet systems for all sized utilities and specialized wastewater flow equipment.
- Equips and maintains workshop.
- Installs and maintains data radio systems.
- Performs technical functions for the I & I program.
- Provides guidance and direction, as required.
- Maintains contract liaison with external stakeholders.
- Liaises with contractors and suppliers relative to expansion and modification projects.
- Responds to emergency calls outside of regular work hours.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the Provincial and Federal electrical regulations and acts.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Seven (7) years’ experience as an Electrician - Trade Qualified including a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an industrial environment.
- Must have and maintain an electrical field safety representative (FSR) Class B Certificate of Qualification.
- Hold an Electronics Technologist or Technician designation with ASTTBC.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, principles, practices, tools and equipment used in the installation, maintenance, repair and servicing of a variety of electrical controls, equipment, instruments and systems in the Division.
- Thorough knowledge of micro-computer technology, including different operating systems and ability to operate a variety of software programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various PLC automatic control systems.
- Knowledge of the operations, functions and objectives of water and wastewater systems
- Ability to function effectively with indirect supervision, plan and organize technical operations and programs, read, interpret and work from drawings, diagrams, technical and specification manuals.
- Must remain current regarding advances in electronic instrumentation, electrical controllers and computer hardware and software and industry trends.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet and project scheduling programs and databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors, suppliers and related contacts
- Ability to use and maintain a variety of job-related tools, instruments and equipment.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class 5).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Electrical/Electronic Services,Water Services
Posted: January 9, 2019, 11:14 am
Expires: January 21, 2019, 4:30 pm