BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Ministry of Health
Policy Analyst$61,665.45 - $70,367.02 annually
The Health Human Resources and Labour Relations Division is responsible for workforce strategies and operational delivery of provider services that contribute to effectively meeting patient and population health needs and improving patient outcomes through the efficient delivery of health services.
The Professional Regulation and Oversight Branch is responsible for the developing and implementing strategies for the regulation and oversight of health professionals working in British Columbia to so patients and their families can be confident they are receiving high-quality, safe care at all times. The Branch monitors the performance of regulatory and oversight mechanisms on an on-going basis, and where required, introduces legislative, regulatory and policy changes to ensure these mechanisms are effective in protecting British Columbians.
In the Policy Analyst role, you will be responsible for conducting and supporting the research, analysis, development and implementation of strategic policies and legislation related to the regulation and oversight of health professionals working in British Columbia. You will have the opportunity to plan, coordinate, participate in and/or lead complex policy and regulatory projects including developing briefings for senior officials, preparation of communications materials and working with stakeholders and legislative counsel in the development of policy and legislation. You will also manage issues, respond to public inquiries, process bylaws and conduct forward-looking research to assess significant emerging policy and regulatory trends.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law, or related field AND a minimum of 1 year of progressive and recent related experience; OR
- Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law, or related field AND a minimum of 2 years of progressive and recent related work experience; OR
- Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law or related field AND a minimum of 4 years of progressive and recent related work experience; OR
- Certificate or Secondary School (or equivalent) AND a minimum of 6 years of progressive and recent related experience.
Progressive and recent (within last 5 years) related experience includes a combination of any 2 or more of the following. (Preference may be given to applicants with 3 or more of the following):
- Researching and analyzing policy, legislative, or social issues.
- Providing support to management and providing advice and recommendations.
- Working productively and cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing projects and/or project components.
For more information and to apply online by January 28, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56062
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Policy & Research
Posted: January 8, 2019, 3:55 pm
Expires: January 28, 2019, 4:30 pm