BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Park WorkersFull-Time Temporary/ Temporary Reduced-Time
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Have a passion for nature and the outdoors? Enjoy connecting with the community? Experience variety and excitement in this healthy work environment. Learn new skills and earn competitive wages operating and maintaining a regional park.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as: collecting garbage and litter; cleaning toilet facilities; grass cutting and trimming; maintaining trails, buildings, bridges, boardwalks, picnic and camp sites; repairing tools; and washing and staining tables.
- Patrols park areas as required to help ensure safety to the public.
- Assists with construction improvements in parks such as bridges, trails, culverts, buildings, boardwalks, gates, fences, corrals, water lines and docking facilities.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as small tractors and attached mowers, trucks, push mowers, weed eaters, vacuums, and rock drills.
- Provides information and assistance to the public.
- Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrated good judgment in interpreting park regulations.
- Proficient English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate difficult terrain, walk long distances, and carry out a variety of tasks that require considerable physical exertion.
- Available to work flexible days and hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
POSSIBLE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES:
Wildfire Suppression (S‐100), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Occupational First Aid (Level 1), Equipment Operations (such as small tractor, ride‐mower, weed eater, chainsaw), Safe Boating Operations, Radio Communications, Bear Awareness, Park Officer, Incident Command System (ICS), Workplace Safety and more.
$28.25/hr plus 6.25% deferred compensation.
Vary from two to ten months year round at most regional parks.
HOURS OF WORK:
Full‐time positions work 40 hours per week. Reduced‐time positions vary with position from 16 to 24 hours per week.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application citing file GNPPRKWRKR2019. Please note that we do not accept applications by email. Closing date is January 31, 2019.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: January 8, 2019, 3:44 pm
Expires: January 31, 2019, 4:30 pm