BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Recreation Worker 3 (Lifeguards/ Instructors)
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Shifts vary (includes evenings and weekends / minimum commitment 5 hours a week)
$23.34 per hour + 12% in lieu of all benefits
We are seeking qualified, friendly, energetic and reliable staff to join our team. For 40 years the Canada Games Pool has been a leader in innovation and is the provider of one of the largest swim programs in Canada. We offer quality swimming lessons to the City of New Westminster and its surrounding cities and municipalities.
- CPR “C” level, current within 1 year of last certification.
- Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard Service Certificate, current within 2 years of certification.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, current within 2 years of last certification.
- Must hold a Social Insurance Number card (SIN) or Confirmation of SIN letter issued by Service Canada and a Canadian Birth Certificate or valid Canadian Passport (originals will need to be shown on first day of hire).
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Training requires a 3 month commitment at the start of hire on Tues/Thurs late afternoon and evenings and the occasional Saturday afternoon.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to demonstrate pleasant and courteous public relations with facility patrons.
- Ability to remain alert and professional while on duty.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain high quality lessons and lesson plans.
- Ability to ensure all required awards and certifications remain current.
Please drop off your completed application form, resume and cover letter, attention to: Nancy Barberie, Instructional Supervisor at Canada Games Pool, 65 East Sixth Avenue, New Westminster, BC, quoting competition #19-05 by February 1, 2019. Application forms are available at the reception desk and online at www.newwestcity.ca If you require further information, please contact Nancy at 604-526-4281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Location: New Westminster, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: January 8, 2019, 11:28 am
Expires: February 1, 2019, 4:30 pm