BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Community Services Assistant 2 - Weight Room Attendant & Personal Trainers
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking for certified Personal Trainers and Weight Room Attendants that love fitness, motivating people and are committed to providing great customer service to teach a variety of classes at recreation facilities across the City.
This is an auxiliary position which may include weekends, weekdays, and/or evening shifts. We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent opportunities to advance.
Personal Trainer – Non-Union Instructor – AuxiliaryCommunity Services Assistant 2 – Weight Room Attendant – CUPE - Auxiliary
- Instruct Personal Training sessions for all levels and experiences and will be able to motivate an lead large groups – from beginners to long time training enthusiasts.
- Develop and design exercise programs to assist participants in reaching their health and fitness goals.
- Demonstrate proper form and techniques and use clear instructions for participants.
- Provide and safe and welcoming environment.
- Offer adaptations to accommodate specific skill levels.
- Weight room attending, including front desk reception, visitor services, information delivery and facility security/maintenance.
- Maintaining program areas.
- Set up and take down of equipment.
- Offer assistance and information to participants as needed.
- Ensure weight room is safe and hazard free.
- Spot Clean.
- Proof of Personal Training certification or BCAK registered Kinesiologist and currently registered with a recognized organization (BCPRA, CSEP or CFES).
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level A Certificate.
Community Services Assistant 2 – Weight Room Attendants:
- Completed grade 12 (must be able to provide a copy).
- Emergency first aid and CPR certificate (must be able to provide a copy).
- Proof of weight training or personal training certificate.
- Currently registered with a recognized organization (BCRPA, CSEP or CFES).
Approximate Recruitment Timeline
January 4 to 27
Demo Dates / Interviewing
February 6, 12, 13, 14 - Invited Applicants will be required to attend one of these dates.
References and Police Information Checks
Extending Employment Offers
Conditions of Employment
A practical demonstration of teaching skills will be a required component of the screening process.
Applicants must be able to successfully pass a Police Information Check.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3691. Posting will remain posted until January 27, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca