BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Building Official II/ Licence Inspector
The City of Penticton is a vibrant and growing community. In order to support growth, the City has engaged a modernization program of Building and Licensing processes. As part of this program, the Building and Licensing department is seeking a team orientated, dynamic and customer serviced focused Building Official II to administer building permits for multi-family, commercial and assist in business licensing.
Under the limited supervision of the Building and Permitting Manager, the Building Official II/Licence Inspector performs skilled work of a complex nature. The incumbent will assume primary responsibility for the review permit applications and inspections for projects involving commercial and multi-family residential projects. This would include related bylaw enforcement, property request information searches and Business License reviews.
Working with the City of Penticton means that we are privileged to spend our days where others dream of vacationing. Our home boasts renowned beaches, cycling trails, parks, recreation facilities and mountain escapes. Penticton is also home to a wide array of shopping and amenities that contribute to the vibrancy of our unique community.
- Plan review, general inquires and building inspections for multifamily and commercial projects.
- Coordination of commercial redevelopment proposals and tenant alterations.
- Administration of business licenses inspections and enforcement for commercial operations, including:
- Oversite of annual back-flow testing and grease management program
- Storefront uses
- Local government liquor reviews
- Completes file and comfort letter search requests for Simple and Complex buildings.
- Reviews infractions with owners/contractors/installers and discuss the corrections required.
- Enforces applicable regulatory Bylaws and testifies in court on any violation of code, by-laws, or related issues as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Level Two (2) Certification with the BOABC (Building Officials Association of BC). Level Three (3) Certification will be considered an asset.
- Level One (1) Certification with the POABC (Plumbing Officials Association of BC).
- Completion of Bylaw Compliance, Enforcement and Investigative Skills 1 will be considered an asset.
- Cross Connection Control (CCC) Inspector Certification as recognized by the BCWWA (BC Water & Waste Association) will be considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of BC Building & Plumbing Code and related City of Penticton Bylaws.
- Proven ability in analyzing situations and making decisions based on an understanding of a complex set of potential consequences.
- Well-developed organizational, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability in managing multiple tasks, deadlines, and establishing effective working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Tempest Prospero.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! The wage for position is as follows:
Level 2 BOABC Certification: $35.70 - $39.66 per hour
Level 3 BOABC Certification: $36.60 - $40.67 per hour
The City of Penticton also offers a competitive benefits and pension package.
We welcome your resume and cover letter prior to 4:00pm Monday, January 21, 2019 to:
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NO: 18-85E
City of Penticton, Human Resources
171 Main St. Penticton B.C. V2A 5A9
171 Main St. Penticton B.C. V2A 5A9
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Building Technology/Inspection
Posted: January 7, 2019, 9:35 am
Expires: January 21, 2019, 4:30 pm