BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Planner 1 - Community Planning
Regular Full Time (2019-007)
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to over 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through the development of our green spaces, arts and culture, urban design and state-of-the-art transportation system. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
Bring your passion, training and experience to this exciting opportunity. As one of the fastest growing communities in British Columbia we are looking for highly motivated and committed urban planning professional to join the City’s growing Community Planning team.
As part of the Community Planning team, you will be involved in developing planning policies that respond to a range of community issues and that are completed in tight timeframes. This position will also develop and implement politically sensitive public consultation processes that inform planning policies. Your proven professional expertise in community planning, public consultation and problem-solving will enable you to work on planning processes of varying complexity.
Ideally you have 3 to 5 years’ progressive experience in the field, along with a university degree in urban planning, excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, and preferably some experience in a municipal planning office. Proven experience in the following areas will be considered an asset:
- Completing Neighbourhood plan policy and document development;
- Preparing land use visions and concepts for urban and ‘greenfield’ contexts;
- Developing Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) policy;
- Conducting Public engagement and consultation;
- Graphic design expertise, including the preparation of plan documents and public consultation materials;
- Experience in the area of urban design policy and practice;
- Eligibility for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners/Planning Institute of BC;
- A valid British Columbia Driver's License is required.
Anticipate a lively and fast-paced environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth. A CUPE hourly rate of: $43.04-$50.85 (2019 rates), a comprehensive benefits package, and an earned day off program is being offered.
Please apply online by 5:00 pm January 18, 2019 at www.coquitlam.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: January 4, 2019, 10:33 am
Expires: January 18, 2019, 5:00 pm