BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Computer Operator Accounting Clerk
Full Time, Time Stated
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Finance Department in the role of Computer Operator Accounting Clerk I. This is accounting-clerical and data entry work which includes activities such as processing payroll, accounts payable, tax, water and sewer charges, receipts and billings, and other related accounts, charges and data. The position incumbent edits, verifies, balances and checks a variety of input data for accuracy and completeness, and performs routine accounting-clerical tasks. Duties are performed in accordance with well-established practices. Work performance is reviewed and approved by a superior in terms of accuracy, adherence to instructions and maintenance of established standards. The time stated appointment is expected to conclude in January 2020.
What you bring:
- Accounting Level 1 from a technical institute
- At least one year of experience in a clerical or accounting role
- An eye for details and accuracy that is matched with creativity to develop fresh solutions to solve complex problems
- Intermediate level proficiency in Excel and 60 awpm keyboarding
- A capacity to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- A willingness to take responsibility for personal actions, behaviours and results
- A commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement
- A positive and fun attitude
What we offer:
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We care deeply about the community we serve
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- A “Goldilocks” size organization where meaningful impact and contribution happens daily
- A diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- A fun, vibrant and supportive team
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes, along with a one page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and/or experience match the position online by January 16, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 18-143e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: January 2, 2019, 3:07 pm
Expires: January 16, 2019, 4:30 pm