BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Executive Assistant to the Mayor
Working directly with Mayor of the City of Surrey, the Executive Assistant is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Office of the Mayor. In this key role, you will be responsible for a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties in a dynamic municipal environment.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for:
- Performing executive administrative functions, including public relations matters on behalf of the Mayor.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Mayor.
- Acting as a liaison between the general public, community organizations and the Mayor.
- Oversight of the Mayor’s calendar in coordination with the Mayor’s Administrative Assistant who has front-line responsibility for the calendar.
- Preparation and review of briefing packages, meeting minutes, strategic plans, communications and related documents.
- Responding to a wide range of inquiries (written, telephone, and in-person) and ensuring appropriate response from City staff.
- Representing the City as part of steering committees and meetings with external agencies.
- Managing positive relationships with the general public, community organizations, Council, City staff, and other stakeholders.
- Oversight of support staff, budget, expenditures and payroll.
- Maintaining office records, files and reports.
- Conducting research and development as required.
- Other job related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an executive assistant role, ideally within a government environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with performing detailed administrative duties with minimal direction.
- Ability to work independently, organize workload and set priorities, and to be flexible with fast-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to embrace and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communications with the general public, staff, and external agencies.
- Ability to apply creative thinking to manage or resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and discretion in managing highly confidential, sensitive or political matters.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office and related office software.
- Alignment with the City of Surrey’s Values of Community, Service, Teamwork, Integrity, and Innovation.
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check and a valid class 5 B.C. Driver’s license.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: January 2, 2019, 1:23 pm
Expires: January 18, 2019, 4:30 pm