BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Help Centre Support SpecialistFull-Time Regular
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Corporate Services Department is seeking a Help Centre Support Specialist who will be a key member of a small team of staff dedicated to providing technical support and expertise to clients with IT questions or issues.
Technically proficient in a number of IT functional areas (i.e. hardware, software, networking and so on). Ready to showcase proven customer service skills. Excellent oral and written communicator. Efficient in working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Responds to clients' requests for assistance or information; records request and troubleshoots with client's assistance software, hardware and network communication problems; identifies nature of problem and prioritizes resolution requirements; assists in developing solutions; refers problems to appropriate technical staff or vendor representatives if unable to resolve; tracks and follows up on problems to resolution.
- Provides advice and assistance to clients regarding various computer related problems such as logging on, invalid or expired passwords, improper computer settings, printing and communication difficulties, complex transactions, or applications of specific computer tools; provides one-on-one or small group computer instruction and training as required; updates computer status line and system outages webpage as required.
- Carries out special projects; acts as liaison between help centre and other departments regarding system projects, attends project meetings and communicates user concerns/needs, tests software applications prior to distribution to regular users, reviews and tests training materials, works with users to more effectively utilize applications to solve business problems, documents procedures.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of Help Centre's staff training program; acts as mentor for new staff members, updates co-workers and supervisory staff on training progress.
- Develops and maintains reference materials; contributes to and maintains content of IT's web site; documents new procedures and practices for use by other IT staff and corporate clients.
- Keeps abreast of developments in computer software and hardware; investigates new technologies and makes recommendations regarding application of same.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of the certificate program in computer sciences or related discipline at a technical institute or community college plus sound related experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of standard Windows applications and Internet client software as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of specialized software used by MVRD staff.
- Sound knowledge of departmental functions, objectives and procedures.
- Working knowledge of wide and local area network and peripheral equipment and related systems.
- Ability to investigate, document, analyze and resolve a variety of software and network related problems.
- Ability to examine clients' current applications, practices and needs and to identify problems and recommend or implement solutions and improvements.
- Ability to provide advice and assistance to clients regarding software applications and use of equipment, and to provide instruction and informal training to same as required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and to effectively convey client's needs and concerns as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by January 16, 2019.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology,Corporate Services
Posted: January 2, 2019, 12:04 pm
Expires: January 16, 2019, 4:30 pm