BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Guard/ Counter Clerk - Relief
The RCMP has a vacancy for a relief Guard/Counter Clerk. The Guard/Counter clerk provides care and handling of incarcerated persons in the detachment. This is a relief position meaning shifts will be scheduled as and when required.
Working for the City of Penticton means we raise families where others come for their vacation. Our home offers the best beaches, cycling trails, parks, recreation facilities and mountain escapes, not to mention all the shopping and amenities a vibrant community needs.
Why join us? You are looking for a career that makes a difference. We champion an innovative, thriving, sustainable community through visionary leadership, partnerships and service excellence.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- R.C.M.P. Enhanced Security Clearance
- Adult Correction Officer Program through Justice Institute or equivalent
- Experience with care and handling of incarcerated persons in a policing environment
- Knowledge of RCMP computer applications, RCMP Policy, police radio equipment
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills (Conflict Resolution)
- Ability to multi-task in demanding and stressful situations
- Strong computer skills
- Ethical behaviour and professionalism
The wage for this position is $20.00 per hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits and vacation.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume by 4:00 pm, January 21, 2019 to:
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NO: 18-92E
City of Penticton, Human Resources
171 Main St. Penticton B.C. V2A 5A9