BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Manager, Visitor Services & Community EngagementParks & Environmental Services, Regional Parks
$96, 050 – $113, 000 annually (2018 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on January 18, 2019 but the position will remain open until filled.
This position ensures a positive parks and trails experience for visitors, volunteers and the community through development of community partnership opportunities and the provision of outdoor experiences and activities that meet the highest standards of public service and stewardship in protecting the natural environment.
Key Accountabilities / Position Outcomes
- Provides the vision, leadership and strategic direction necessary to ensure exceptional Visitor Services and Community Engagement programs including:
- Environmental Interpretation
- Volunteers in Parks
- Community Engagement
- Communication and Information Services
- Recreation Services and Opportunities
- Cultural Activities
- Park use permits
- Ensures policies, structures, systems, resources and management practices are in place and effective to support the programs listed above.
- As a member of the Regional Parks management team, works collaboratively with other managers to ensure division strategic, operating and business objectives are well coordinated and resources are managed to support a highly functioning fiscally responsible organization.
- Develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with First Nations and a strategic network of stakeholders including partners, government agencies (municipal, provincial and federal), community groups and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure visitor and community development programs meet and exceed user expectations.
- Uses leadership, coaching, and employee development practices to create a highly engaged team of supervisors, professionals and staff with the knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in their current role and future career development.
An undergraduate degree in a related discipline such as public administration, commerce or parks and recreation plus eight years related work experience preferably including experience working in a provincial/regional/municipal parks setting, and a minimum of three years supervisor/management experience in a unionized environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Role-specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated success in the development, implementation and evaluation of parks programs and services or related programs and services.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large volunteer program.
- Demonstrated ability in program budget and contract management.
- Demonstrated ability and competence to manage community engagement projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive community relationships to promote a strong community presence for CRD Regional Parks.
- A valid BC Driver’s license is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication will be required.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Civic Engagement
Posted: December 21, 2018, 1:37 pm
Expires: January 18, 2019, 4:00 pm