BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
2019 Summer Program & Day Camp Leaders - Historic Stewart Farm
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Department provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment and may be looking for multiple enthusiastic Junior Leaders in the areas of Education, Public Programs and Day Camps at the Historic Stewart Farm
Union - CUPE Local 402 – Temporary
The Community Services Assistant 1 - Junior Leaders will be responsible for:
- For delivering public and school programs.
- For leading children in heritage Summer Day Camps.
- Performing heritage demonstrations.
- Assisting with researching crafts, games and educational activities.
- Interpreting local history.
- Assisting with special events.
- Program preparation and delivery.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by some relevant experience or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience is required.
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificates (or willing to obtain prior to start).
- Previous experience working with children and the public, and delivering programs to pre-school and child audiences.
- Experience in a heritage facility setting.
- Students enrolled in Museum Studies, History, Anthropology, Archaeology or Education will be suited to these positions.
- This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program. This position is contingent on Federal Government Grant funding. Successful candidates must meet the criteria set forth by the grant program, including:
- Between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be current (January-April 2019) full-time student in a recognized post-secondary program.
- Planning to return to full-time studies in the Fall of 2019.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Below you will find our approximate recruitment timelines for this process:
1st week of February
Interviews taking place
References and Police Information Checks
Dependent Upon Grant Funding
Varies: Mid-May or June, Dependent on Grant Funding
Help us build a world-class city this summer. Gain valuable experience, learn new skills, and grow your career while doing meaningful work that will directly impact our communities. Learn more about our summer recruitment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID2671. Posting will remain posted until February 3st, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca