BC Local Government Job Posting Service
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Clerk Typist 3 - Bylaws
The City of Delta is seeking an administrative professional to fill a clerical vacancy in the Property Use & Compliance Department. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated, well-organized and responsible individual with excellent customer service skills. Located out of both the Delta Community Animal Shelter and City Hall, the Clerk Typist 3 will be responsible for providing information and assistance to the public on matters related to bylaw compliance, procedural, regulatory and policy matters with a high degree of accuracy. The duties of this role also include responding to a variety of calls, complaints, and enquiries relating to municipal bylaws, as well as providing counter service related to animal care and adoption.
The successful candidate will have:
- solid working experience in an office environment;
- excellent computer skills (with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- the ability to deal professionally with enforcement-based calls for service;
- the ability to read non-complex maps, plans and drawings;
- a minimum typing speed of 55 WPM; and
- a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence.
The following are considered to be assets:
- completion of post-secondary education courses;
- working knowledge of Tempest (or a similar government-related data system);
- experience working with DeltaMap (or a similar government-related mapping system); and
- experience related to animal care, training, and the adoption process.
City of Delta
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $24.81 - $29.16 per hour (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned-days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number #18-127 EX (B) by January 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application.
Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2