BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
2019 Summer Day Camp Leaders – Surrey Nature Centre
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Surrey Nature Centre (operated by the City of Surrey’s Urban Forestry section) offers nature-based programs and events for schools and the public with the goal of increasing awareness, appreciation and stewardship of Surrey’s urban forest. We are looking for Community Services Assistant 2 – Senior Camp Leaders to help facilitate our Nature Centre Day Camps which run from Monday to Friday from mid-June to August 30th 2019.
Auxiliary – CUPE 402
The Community Services Assistant 2 – Senior Leader will:
- Deliver full-day, nature-themed day camps to children ages 6 – 9 years old.
- Maintain program areas and equipment.
- Follow City of Surrey Policy and Procedures.
- Provide day camp participants with an active, safe and stimulating environment.
- Completion of grade 12.
- Current Occupational First Aid Level One or acceptable equivalent.
- High 5 certification (or willingness to obtain);
- Creative and enthusiastic approach to work and enjoy the chance to be a part of a strong team.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Strong interpersonal skills - the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna (an asset).
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of environmental education and interpretation (an asset).
December to January 20, 2019
References & Police Information Checks
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2668. Posting will remain open until January 20, 2019.