BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Building Services Positions
North Vancouver Recreation & Culture is dedicated to building healthy individuals, families and communities. We offer a wide range of recreation and cultural programs and services to residents of all ages. These positions offer the right person the opportunity to be part of an innovative staff team that makes a true difference in the lives of North Vancouver residents.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently looking for on-call auxiliary employees to supplement the existing Building Services Team. These positions involve shift work with varying hours at our different facilities.
You are a team player committed to community. You are courteous and effective with the public and enjoy working with a diverse group of people. You have experience and education in the following areas:
Building Service Worker
- Manual work of limited complexity and responsibility in performing janitorial, recreation program support and security tasks
- Knowledge of routine building maintenance and minor repair tasks
- Preference will be given to those who have completed a Building Service Worker program
Arena Maintenance Worker
- Operates ice-making and resurfacing equipment; monitors refrigeration equipment; and performs a variety of semi-skilled building maintenance and minor repair tasks and routine janitorial duties
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in ice-making operations
- Ice Facility Operator certificate or equivalent is required
Pool Maintenance Worker
- Operates swimming pool chlorination and filtration equipment; and performs a variety of semiskilled building maintenance and minor repair tasks and routine janitorial duties
- Knowledge of the operating methods and procedures of water chlorination and filtration equipment
- Pool Operator Level 1 and Level 2 certificates or equivalent is required
The ideal candidate should have completed Grade 10, preferably supplemented by the technical training related to the work plus related experience OR an equivalent combination of training experience. A valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
The successful applicant may also be scheduled to work as a Building Services Attendant and will be paid at the hourly wage according to the class specification called for by the work performed.
All employees will be available to work at any North Vancouver Recreation & Culture location. All candidates are required to submit a Police Information Check as a requirement of the position.
2018 HOURLY RATES:
Building Service Workers receive $22.98/hr plus 12% in lieu of benefits
Pool/Arena Maintenance Workers receive $23.29/hr plus 12% in lieu of benefits
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.nvrc.ca/employment - Competition #1819
We thank you for your interest in employment with North Vancouver Recreation and Culture and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: December 18, 2018, 2:46 pm
Expires: January 18, 2019, 4:30 pm