BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
2019 Summer Community Services Assistant 3 - Park Partnerships
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Surrey’s Park Partnerships team delivers a range of fun and engaging park programs, with a goal of increasing community connections as well as fostering an appreciation of Surrey’s Parks. This auxiliary position will be from mid-May to end of August. Work schedule will vary and is expected to regularly include evening work twice per week.
- Plan and deliver Community Picnics throughout the city.
- Recruit, train, and schedule Play Squad volunteers.
- Assist with Park Play program coordination including staff training, program planning and staff supervision
- Assist with various administrative duties, promotion and marketing, providing information to the public, and coordinating events.
- Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognize institution.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a safe driving history.
- Have strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills; strong leadership ability; effective oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting; and are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff and the public.
- Broad understanding and working knowledge of park based programs, their purpose and objectives.
- Previous experience working with children and youth is an asset.
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR C and AED certificate (or willing to obtain before start date).
- High Five and Fundamental Movement Skills (or other Physical Literacy) certification is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2639. Posting will close on January 20, 2019.