BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Parks Labourer - Shade Trees
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Help our Parks Division ensure that our more than 100,000 street and park trees are well maintained this summer. We’re looking for positive team players to be seasonal parks labourers.
As a Labourer, you will be responsible for assisting staff with a variety of hands on field work that involves tree maintenance. You will be working in all weather conditions and be responsible for duties such as:
- Inspecting and watering trees
- Conducting a full range of supportive tree maintenance activities
- Support pruning crews
- Interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Completed Grade 12
- Experience in arboriculture/horticulture would be an asset
- A valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record
- Strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Forestry/Arboriculture
Posted: December 4, 2018, 1:48 pm
Expires: January 18, 2019, 4:30 pm