BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Parks Labourer - Sports Turf Maintenance
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Park Facility Operations is looking for temporary full time skilled individuals, working in an active and energetic environment, within the Parks Athletic Field maintenance team. This temporary employment will be from May 1st to September 1st, working 40 hours per week with some possible weekend work.
- Perform grass cutting, line trimming and sodding.
- Complete ball diamond infield maintenance, tournament set up and synthetic turf maintenance.
- Be competent in truck and trailer operation.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Possess excellent teamwork skills and have the ability to communicate effectively, particularly when dealing with the public.
- Have knowledge and skill in the methods and equipment used in outdoor sports turf maintenance work.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Have relevant training and experience performing manual labour.
- Related education and grounds maintenance experience are considered assets.
- Hands-on experience with related tools and equipment is preferred.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Horticulture/Landscaping/Greenskeeping
Posted: December 4, 2018, 1:44 pm
Expires: January 18, 2019, 4:30 pm