BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Parks Labourer – Natural Areas
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
We are looking for motivated and hardworking temporary labourers who are interested in gaining valuable career experience from a wide variety of urban forestry and habitat restoration field-based work. The Urban Forestry – Natural Areas team provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment.
- Work in natural area parks throughout Surrey on a field-based crew under the supervision of senior staff.
- Complete a variety of manual and semi-skilled general labour tasks including:
- Invasive plant removal
- Planting maintenance (weeding/brushing/mulching)
- Planting native trees and shrubs
- Trail maintenance and vegetation pruning
- Refuse and yard waste removal
- Tree debris clean-up
- Interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Have a valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Have experience performing manual labour.
- Have experience with power tools (brush saw, hedge trimmer, and backpack blowers).
- Demonstrate ability to identify native and invasive plants.
- Have strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
Applicants under consideration will be required.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Horticulture/Landscaping/Greenskeeping
Posted: December 4, 2018, 1:37 pm
Expires: January 18, 2019, 4:30 pm