City of Surrey
Engineering Assistant II - Sewer Planning
The Engineering Assistant 2 in the Utilities Division is an intermediate technical and administrative position providing support and assistance to senior staff in administrative responsibilities, and performing moderately complex technical work related to the completion of a variety of City engineering activities and projects.
In this role, you will assist in the planning of the City’s sewer infrastructure.
- Prepare sewer flow calculations in support of NCP studies and land development application.
- Co-ordinate waste discharge permit application with Metro Vancouver.
- Administrate cross connection infractions.
- Assist in reviewing land development applications.
- Assist in running sewer model and review results.
- Assist and manage flow monitoring contract.
- Analyze flow monitoring data to determine I&I rates.
- Lead the technical review of detailed design plans, contract documents and technical specifications
- Oversee construction projects.
- Prepare request for proposals and reports.
- Respond to and addressing citizens’ concerns; and managing Consultant assignments.
- Review and approve Consultant and Contractor payments and exercise budget control.
- Work with internal staff and other City Departments as well as liaise with Consultants, Contractors, Utility Companies, and other agencies.
- You have a broad range of civil engineering experience and are comfortable in developing solutions to existing problems.
- You are a team player who thrives in a challenging environment and possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Completed of a two (2) year diploma in a discipline of Engineering Technology relevant to the position from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability in the relevant areas of engineering.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Utility planning experience would be considered an asset.
- Membership with the BCWWA or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- A valid and unrestricted drivers’ license.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering,Sewer & Wastewater
Posted: September 13, 2018, 2:54 pm
Expires: October 11, 2018, 4:30 pm