City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
In this role, you will perform skilled technical work of moderate complexity in the maintenance, repair and upgrading of system components and related installations at City’s facilities.
- The ongoing operations of the building and mechanical systems within Civic Buildings
- Overseeing the operation of the building and mechanical systems
- Efficiently and safely operating all systems components including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural
- Maintaining chemical treatment for closed and open loop systems
- Responding to requests for minor repairs to electrical, carpentry, plumbing fixture, machinery, etc.
- Supervising Building Maintenance staff and assist other staff members in performing their duties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Plus an Interprovincial Certificate of Competency (Trades Qualification) as a Fourth Class Power Engineer
- Plus 5 years directly related technical and building maintenance/construction experience
- Valid B.C. Driver's License with a safe driving history.
Shortlisted applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Sound knowledge of hand/power tools, materials, equipment etc. used in building construction and maintenance
- Working knowledge of the various Building codes and other applicable codes
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca