City of Merritt
Arena Attendant III
Merritt, A Lifestyle Community: “The Country Music Capital of Canada” with a population of approximately 7,000 is inviting applications for the position of an Arena Attendant III. A great place to live, work and play! Merritt is located in the beautiful Nicola Valley, at the crossroads of the Coquihalla highways, centrally located between Kelowna and Kamloops while only a three (3) hour drive from downtown Vancouver. The community of Merritt is rich in culture and arts, affords year round recreation and community facilities to meet every need. The climate is moderate.
Reporting to the Arena & Municipal Facilities Manager; the Arena Attendant III works as part of a team ensuring building security and assisting in enforcing policies and procedures governing public conduct as well as performing operational, custodial, and building service work. Along with operating the refrigeration plant, ice, and floor maintenance equipment, duties also include making, monitoring, and maintaining ice surfaces; performing routine minor building repairs; cleaning glass, dusting, cleaning and maintaining a variety of floor surfaces; cleaning and disinfecting washrooms, change rooms, and concession areas; setting up/tear down boards, staging, props, furniture and equipment for special events and program activities as needed; and performing related work as required.
The pay rate is $32.43 (2017) CUPE Collective Agreement plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Hours of Work
This is a full time position with hours of work as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
- Required licenses and certificates include:
- BC Refrigeration Operator’s Certificate
- Valid WorkSafe BC Level 1 First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- 5th Class Power Engineer certificate
- Refrigeration Safety Awareness certificate
- Ice Facility Operator certificate
- Refrigeration Operator certificate
- Must comply with all aspects of the Criminal Records Review Act
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated related experience in ice-making operations and building service work
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and the public
- Ability to deal tactfully with groups and individuals to ensure observance of rules and regulations
- Arena Ice Maker’s Course certificate as well as a Building Service Worker certificate would be assets
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in local government in the field of recreation
Current resumes reflecting applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position will be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 28, 2018 to:
Deputy Clerk/Human Resources Manager
City of Merritt
PO Box 189, 2185 Voght Street
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
Or by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Posting Expires: Friday, September 28, 2018
Location: Merritt, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: September 12, 2018, 3:26 pm
Expires: September 28, 2018, 4:30 pm