Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III)Full-Time Regular
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
Our Water Services Department is seeking an Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III) who will provide administrative support to the Major Projects, Management Systems and Utility Services Division.
You are: an individual who has strong administrative skills, an attention to detail, strong communications skills and you enjoy working on a variety of projects.
In this role, you will:
- Perform complex clerical and secretarial duties for a superior and/or the superior's subordinates, arrange appointments and meetings, interview callers, process highly confidential material, prepare routine correspondence and relieve a superior of minor administrative detail.
- Assemble, collate and type, a variety of technical and administrative material such as letters, notices, contracts, specification, requisitions, progress estimates, invoices, reports, budget estimates, presentations, agendas, minutes and speeches.
- Take instructions from and perform clerical and typing duties for a group of professional and technical employees.
- Prepare and maintain departmental personnel files and records, scrutinize minutes, reports, correspondence and other data for referral or action, process incoming and outgoing mail, control and maintain files, records, correspondence and reports.
- Compile statistical information and data, provide direction and assistance on a variety of office operations, maintain a petty cash account and assign clerical and typing duties to subordinates as required.
- Ensure for preparation, printing, deadlines adherence and distribution of Regional Board and other committee agendas and minutes, instruct Electoral Area election officers in voter registration procedures, operate word processor as required and perform some duties of clerical superior in the latter's absence.
- Clerically process tenant applications, accounts and notices, credit checks and cheque requisitions and other material related to property rentals.
- Provide a variety of factual information and assistance to District staff, business and government contacts and the public.
- Perform related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of 12th school grade, including or supplemented by courses in commercial and secretarial subjects.Considerable related experience, preferably as a Clerk Stenographer II or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- All the required knowledge, abilities and skills of the Clerk Stenographer II classification.
- Considerable knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures applicable to department served.
- Sound overall knowledge of the District organizational structure and of the functions of its departments and divisions.
- Ability to perform secretarial tasks and relieve a superior of office and routine administrative detail with minimal supervision.
- Skill in typing and processing clerical work of a complex and technical nature, in taking and transcribing shorthand and other dictation and in the use of word processor as required.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by September 26, 2018.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: September 12, 2018, 1:04 pm
Expires: September 26, 2018, 4:30 pm