Engineering InspectorRegular Full Time (35 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department, Engineering Division, seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety first attitude to join their team. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, the Engineering Inspector is responsible for inspecting the work performed by private contractors, developers, City crews and utility companies on capital and development related construction projects to ensure adherence to specified standards, specifications, regulations, plans, bylaws, safety procedures and sound construction practices. In addition, the Engineering Inspector ensures the quality of material used; rejects unsatisfactory workmanship, performs testing on specified construction materials, investigates and processes bylaw infractions relative to the Road Right of Way; ensures site safety and traffic control issues are addressed and maintains records, inspection reports, correspondence and statistics related to the work.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized technical institute
- Two years of considerable related experience in inspectional and regulatory work, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Certification as a Public Works Inspector Two (Public Works Inspectors Society).
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment;
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment used in the construction and installation of municipal services and facilities such as sewers, waterworks, roads, concrete structures and underground services.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and methods used in inspecting, regulating and coordinating construction and installation projects performed by contractors.
- Sound knowledge of practices and methods of inspecting and regulating engineering construction projects of the Master Municipal Construction documents.
- Sound knowledge of safety procedures and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Ability to train inspectional staff as required.
- Knowledge of the physical layout of White Rock considered an asset;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
The wage of this unionized position is $62,621 – $73,925 per annum (2018 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, driver abstract and certifications for consideration by the application deadline. Please note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: September 30, 4:30 p.m.
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2018-41
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
Please Note: this new position is posted “under review” meaning that a follow-up review be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
Location: White Rock, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering
Posted: September 12, 2018, 12:24 pm
Expires: September 30, 2018, 4:30 pm