Garage Service AdvisorFull-Time Regular
Location: Lake City Operations Centre
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
Our Financial Services – Fleet Maintenance Department is seeking a Garage Service Advisor who will use fleet maintenance program based in Microsoft Excel and use Outlook to book all maintenance appointments and send and receive multiple e-mails every day. Generate and close work orders and order and manage part inventory in fleet maintenance software. Also, create requisitions and use Orbit. Typing speed is very important.
You are: A multi-tasker who remains organized and focused on completing tasks from start to finish. Have good inter-personal skills in serving customers in person, on phone and by email. You have strong ability with computers using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
In this role, you will: (The duties described hereunder are to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.)
- Schedules and coordinates vehicle repairs and service using a computerized vehicle maintenance management system; enters, updates and retrieves service and repair information on all vehicles.
- Determines work priorities according to established guidelines, generates and closes work orders, ensures correct repair codes, description of work to be done and location of parts.
- Receives and processes vehicle daily pre trip forms; checks for noted deficiencies and repair requests, organizes and prioritizes identified repairs, generates work orders and forwards to garage staff; coordinates air care testing for all vehicles, arranges vehicle insurance renewals and other related tasks as requested.
- Receives and investigates complaints and inquiries related to garage operations and work requests; initiates action to resolve problems where feasible; explains repairs and options available.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for repairs such as warranty work on new vehicles, exhaust and tire replacement or repair, vehicle towing, hoist repairs, and other equipment repair and servicing work; checks for accuracy, codes, and approves all invoices for materials, supplies and work provided by outside vendors to the garage.
- Coordinates and schedules use of rental/lease vehicles for all departments; provides pricing and vehicle availability to departments on request; processes all invoices and paperwork pertaining to rental vehicles.
- Processes employee daily time cards, sick leave forms and leave requests; checks for correct codes and time and forwards to Supervisor for review and approval.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by technical courses related to the work plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the departmental operations, procedures and regulations applicable to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical repairs as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of record keeping as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the computer applications and procedures applicable to the work performed, including MS Word, Excel and the computerized vehicle maintenance management system.
- Ability to assess and organize service and repair requests and to make decisions on priorities of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to deal tactfully and diplomatically with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prepare and maintain schedules, records, and reports related to the work manually and using a computer.
- Considerable knowledge of the MVRD’s safety policies, procedures and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Must participate in and develop Safe Work Procedures.
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position.
- Ability to work shift work as required.
- Class 5 Driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by September 26, 2018.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Mechanics & Vehicle Maintenance,Fleet Services/Management
Posted: September 12, 2018, 9:44 am
Expires: September 28, 2018, 4:30 pm