Facilities Construction Project Manager
We’re looking for a facilities operations manager with considerable experience in construction project management to lead a capable and highly motivated team. You’ll provide expertise and strong leadership skills to manage the Construction Project Management section and their efforts to develop, strengthen, and implement effective facilities solutions, space planning/programming, and project delivery.
Consider joining an award-winning facilities team for this temporary assignment of approximately one year at our head office in Richmond and have a direct impact on the construction of our facilities and workplace projects.
What you’ll do As a facilities operations and construction project manager you will:
- Coordinate the planning, design, and construction of facilities and workspace projects
- Manage vendors, contracts, consultants, and engineers
- Prepare and evaluate tenders (e.g., ITTs, RFPs), including specification development
- Ensure occupational health and safety considerations are met
- Determine and analyze client requirements
- Prepare budgets and manage project finances
- Interpret relevant codes, regulation, and policy
- Manage staff in a unionized environment
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Provide strong leadership
- Demonstrate effective analytical and problem solving abilities
- Develop innovative solutions and deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Deal with numerous concurrent projects of varied scope and complexity by managing, leading, and collaborating with various internal and external resources
- Deliver accurate and timely reports and communication on projects, project schedules, project finances/budgeting, cost/benefit analysis, benchmarking, and risk analysis/mitigation to internal and external professionals
- Promote and ensure a strong customer service environment
- Build positive relationships with Facilities management, staff, and our clients
- Communicate well with others who may have varying levels of technical knowledge through multiple channels
- Travel to area offices throughout the province, as necessary to oversee projects
Your background and experience:
- A degree, and/or professional designation in facilities management (e.g., FMP, CFM, BID, CCM, or PMP) is highly desirable
- A minimum of five years of progressive management experience, with evidence of overall operational excellence and innovation in a facilities environment
- A proven record of the successful delivery of workspace and construction projects
- Familiarity with architectural, electrical, and mechanical building system codes, standards, and regulations
- Experience working with authorities having jurisdiction in relation to building by-law, zoning, safety, etc.
- Experience with ensuring construction and workplace safety
- Experience with the preparation and administration of Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) documents
- Experience with construction, goods, and services tendering (e.g. Invitation to Tender, Request for Proposals, etc.)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension plan. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit our career page at www.worksafebc.com and select Current Opportunities to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: October 11, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.